lauantai 21. heinäkuuta 2012

Supernatural only consists of beautiful Men

As the title says, really. That television show only consists of beautiful men, Like Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, Misha Collins... And Jeffrey Dean Morgan. 
So I've decided that I'd more than love to paint Jeffrey, because he's absolutely fantastic, and I've painted the three others already, so why not, a bit of more challenge with more mature like character for a change.
I by the way added a couple of pages to my blog; Commission Info and Other. So If you are interested to order a commission from me, please check that out, and Other section kind of just consists of stuff what was not worthy enough to get an own entry and stuff like that. There will be even unfinished paintings which I'll never finish most probably. 
But anyway, back to the subject!

So, if you don't know who Jeffrey Dean Morgan (JDM) is, so here, have a picture of him.
Honestly speaking, I mistaken him first for Robert Downey Jr for a long while. It was a bit confusing, but really they look a lot alike!
....or then I just really am dumb. 
But anyhow! Let's move on!
So, here we have the sketchlineart  (I invented the word, really.) of JDM!
This is actually the first time that I take a screen capture of the progress image, but I came under the conclusion that it's quicker and easier to remember to take step pictures of the progress like this!
So anyway, I've started to do a different kind of sketch/linearting
I've started to do the shading construction right after this that I can know where to put the colours and the shades on the right place without too much trouble.
I've decided this one will be in greyscale. Maybe a bit like bleached style.
Wish me luck First time starting right ahead from the greyscale mode. 

More screenshotting! yay! So, anyway, now I've started to sculpt the face as I am trying to come to some sort of conclusion with this how it works and stuff, but I guess I've gotten some sort of hang of this all!

And without line-art and a painted eye. 
more construction
Just started to paint the shirt to the image, and so far I am pretty glad with the outcome and the result. I got a feeling that I'll get far with this one, and I'll actually finish it up.
I've started to blend the shadings into each other It's quite a... well, it's quite a work honestly, but even the best part of it all during the painting progress.
As I usually say and cry the most about, It's the clothes and fabrics. Because honestly, it's a pain in the ass to paint, and I think I am just soon on the edge to loose my temper with it, but I'll be hanging though here.
So I just did some detailing on JDMs face, so here, have a close up!
Still got a plenty of detailing and edging to do, but I'll do stuff a little bit here and there, to get to the end result. Here I got still to fix the shirt and the eyebrow. And his fingers.
Now I've got the box he's sitting on ready, and I got the shades to his shirt placed. Now it's just blending ahead and his other hand and detailing and then the filters! Whoo!
And hair! let's not forget about the hair!
So now I've got the background and some of the filters used, now I am just checking some color lookups if there would be anything interesting. I've set up the contrast and the colour balance by now.
And here's the finished result! 
I am not too fond of how the shirt turned out but, meh... I got such a headache and my motivation was dying really badly out, so I am sorry about that.

But I hope you enjoyed this new kind of posting, with screenshots and all :) 
Tove is over and out!

1 kommentti:

  1. Your blog is beyond awesome! You just keep on practicing dude. I see you're becoming something great!

    VastaaPoista