tiistai 9. lokakuuta 2012

My Doctor

First of all I want to apologize over the fact that I don't really have any step by step on this piece of art what I've done lately, only the finished product of it. So I hope you don't murder me about this one. 

So well, I was requested back in tumblr that I should do a realism painting of Christopher Eccleston/9th Doctor from Doctor who, so I was like "Well, why the heck not! he's anyway really charming and he'll be forever my Doctor, even though I haven't watched the show for a while."
Yeah, haven't yet seen the newest episodes of Doctor Who yet, but.. I'll be waiting until this whole season has come out so I can then see it completely without have to wait billions of years to the next episode. /snort

But enough of chatter, and out with the result!

Did a bit more of a harsh shading on this only using the hard brush, not the soft one. And I am actuallypretty pleased with the outcome, gave it much more of an edge, you know? Yes. 
It's nice, and I can say that painting teeth is painful, but I am really pleased of the  eyes outcome and the jacket. Had loads of problem with the leather fabric outcome so I am more than happy that I got this out of the daylight!

So! I hope you have a wonderful day and see you again soon!
And yes before I forget; I've updated the 'Other' section again with some doodles and less important art, so go and take a look if you please!
Love you,
Thomas 

4 kommenttia:

  1. Okay, first of all, another great piece from you. So firstly I'd like to comment on the leather jacket. I'm pleased to notice how it actually gives the inpression of leather jacket and not like just plain jacket. Points for that. secondly I'd like to comment on how Eccleston is right off recognizable from this piece of art, even if just by a quick glance. You've got the characteristics right on spot.
    Then I'd like to critique the hair and skin. Nothing really wrong with either one, so don't take this offensively, more as like a good critique, as the hair looks as if it had been wetted and just pulled back, and the skin colour seems a bit off at places.
    But nontheless, brilliantly made work, which you obviously have taken time and patience in doing. Hope you practice more and I can excpect a lot more great things from you! Very well made, lastly pin pointing the brilliant fact that you decided to leave the background a bit plain, it shows off Ecclestons handsome features more! Thank you!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you really much! I really appreciate the fact that you took the time to comment on this one, and give me critique! I will be working harder on the hair and the skin next time and hopefully I'll make it look a bit better; Still though, I really find to paint hair to be still the hardest thing right after clothes, and I'm glad that you liked the leather jacket! Kind of had a couple of moments when I just wanted to throw the computer and tablet to the wall since I just couldn't make it look right, but I think I was a bit too harsh on myself? Don't know. But thank you, and I will be improving!
      -Thomas

      Poista
    2. I'm glad you didn't throw your computer out of the window, that would've been a shame for the computer and your art skills. :) Yes, I think you are a bit too harsh on yourself. A bit self-critique is always good, but I think you are one of the rare people that are actually and honestly a bit too hard on themselves. Nevertheless, you'll improve and your skills will come better. I think you'll get a great deal better too. You've got that in you, I believe, from your works. So keep working hard, don't do too haste works, but draw lots of doodles. And then do a few bigger works that consume your time and throw yourself in to it. Art is your passion, I can see it so clearly.
      Once again, keep working hard. You will succeed, I'm sure of it.

      Poista
    3. I do loads of doodling, and I usually post most of the doodles on this blog as well on the 'Other' section, if you are interested. Mostly just unfinished paintings, line-arts and just some doodles and smaller works what I see as lower of importance, and not worthy enough of getting an own journal entry here on my blog. And well.. I could always say that I criticize my work a lot since I got around me whole bunch of wonderful artists, and I know that I won't ever be as half as good as they are, but.. I'm at least trying and not giving up yet (:
      -Thomas

      Poista