keskiviikko 21. maaliskuuta 2012

A whole new World.

This piece of art is dedicated to my Sister who Love Nick Pitera as much as I do, and as well to Nick Pitera himself. I am trying to make a look alike with a picture of him which would happen to be this lovely picture of him.
So I decided I'll use Photoshop CS5, and Will only do a close-up of his face and right hand. (okay that sounded a bit wrongly formuled but you get the picture soon.) So here we have the sketch of when I sketched this picture over in Photoshop.
And then there was of course linearting ahead, but as you can see, I just did some quick and rough sketching over, and it took approx 15 minutes, and did some quick clean up as well. It was a tad difficult when it came to the linearting of this piece, but it certainly was worth it I can tell you!
Rough linearting with the sketch still beneath You could tell, now at the moment I have just three layers, one called background and layer1 and layer2.
And then I deleted layer1 which consisted of the sketch of the picture I wanted to paint. And Now is the fun part ahead, painting, and going crazy and loosing control! 
Some of the colours I added, most by eye, and taken by sister colours and by a high trancaprency of the brush tool setting. It makes the shading a lot more easier, now I just have to add the shadings to the fabrics, and clean it up. I have currently now 11 layers on this picture. 
So approx 4 hours later this is what I've gotten together, have to still work on his hair line a bit, and then starts the hell; Fabrics. I have a lot of problems when it comes to painting fabrics, it's really difficult I can assure you. So currently I have too many layers, and I've merged the most of them.. So the next what I have here to do is his clothes of course. ffufufufuu. I should consider to start drawing naked people

So Now I've finished the painting and the fabrics, but I am not pleased as you can tell.  But well, I am running out of time, so I don't have too much time to mourn about this. And I used some vector as well in this to the heart, because I didn't get it right at all. And Now I've added some back ground, and Now I'll do some final detailing, and editing of the colour, and we're done! 

So Now we're done, so here wave the done result of the picture. I screwed up the pattern on his shirt but... That's life! But yes, I hope you enjoyed this steps I've showed you, and the process of making this painting of Nick Pitera to my beloved sister. <3
I hope she'll like it, since I didn't tell her at all about this, that I'd do something like this to her.

I had a good time at least painting this, Nick's face is just so much fun to paint <3

But I am over and out, and have a nice night!
Love,
Tove


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti